St. Francis Institute
The St. Francis Institute Milwaukee is a learning community for spiritual development and formation in the Franciscan tradition. We welcome you to explore the riches of our Franciscan tradition with us in our offerings below. Watch a welcome video above from Br. Jerry Schroeder, St. Francis Institute Milwaukee Director.
All presentations take place at the St. Francis Capuchin Center, immediately adjacent to St. Francis parish, 1927 N. Fourth Street, Milwaukee, WI 53212
November 23rd 9-Noon:
In the Footprints of Francis and the Sultan - A Model for Peacemaking
DVD presentation and Reflection This two-part film examines contemporary issues of inter-religious understanding grounded in the Franciscan tradition of tolerance, peacemaking and social justice. The example of Francis and the Sultan speaks to today’s efforts to achieve this understanding between faiths and cultures.
For more information, contact Capuchin Friar Jerry Schroeder, 414.374.8841, ext. 35. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
DVDs of previous Franciscan Faith Formation series are now available!
Order your DVD through Brother Jerry Schroeder. Click here for the offerings. $10 each
The Institute provides:
Classes, workshops and seminars which offer the Franciscan vision
A sacred space to gather for nurturing, retreat, reflection, and prayer
A meeting place for those who seek transformation of the Milwaukee community
Formation opportunities for those already engaged in ministries
A center for servant leadership training
Our Mission Statement:
“We should immerse ourselves in our theological tradition and enter into fresh dialogue with it, until it becomes part of the very air we breathe and forms the structures of our vision of God, humanity, and the world.”
Eric Doyle, O.F.M.
Our mission is to explore the riches of our Franciscan tradition within an environment that welcomes each participant as both learner and teacher, as sisters and brothers, in order to:
● reclaim the Franciscan vision of reality in a simple, creative and challenging manner
● identify and find new ways of articulating and applying this vision to the concerns present in today’s Church and to the crises affecting the life of our planet in all its forms
● recognize it deep within the human spirit
● bring this vision into dialogue with the signs and questions of our time
● facilitate a dialogue around this vision among all Franciscans, their partners in ministry and the sisters and brothers they serve, beginning with the Province of St. Joseph of the Capuchin Order
● provide resources for on going formation in this vision
St. Francis Institute Milwaukee Directions: I 43, exit North Ave. Turn S on 8th Avenue, Turn E on Brown Street, South on Fourth Street. Parking is in the lot adjacent to the church.